Today I am going to share my favourite recipe for 12 gluten free lemon and ginger fairy cakes. They are very simple to make and tasty to eat!
The ingredients I used are:
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 130g Gluten Free self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon Gluten Free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 80g ground almonds
- 120g chopped stem ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
And for the icing:
- 25ml milk
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Chopped/Crystallised ginger to decorate
Firstly I preheated my oven to 160 Celsius on a fan oven.
Now for the baking:
- First mix the butter and sugar together until it is light and creamy.
- Next, add each egg one at a time – beating each well before the next addition!
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown!
The cake icing is also simple to make, just make sure the cakes have cooled before adding it!
Mix milk, icing sugar, butter and lemon zest together until smooth! For decoration, I add some chopped ginger but crystallised would also work!